Global Trade Compliance Strategy Lead
Wayfair’s Global Trade Compliance team is looking for a Trade Compliance Strategy Lead to drive our Classification and Free Trade Agreement Program. The Trade Compliance Strategy Lead will be responsible for developing, administering and executing our Global Classification and Free Trade Agreement Program.
To be successful in this role, you must have extensive working knowledge of the Global Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), General Rules of Interpretation (GRIs), Section Notes, Chapter Notes, etc. Further, you will have experience with implementing, auditing and qualifying goods for global Free Trade Agreements. You will interact and support these initiatives on a global scale.
What You'll Do
- Develop and drive solutions/strategies to address Global HS Classifications and Free Trade Agreement oversight while ensuring the necessary controls are implemented.
- Act as the primary point of contact with trade authorities regarding Classification and Free Trade Agreement activities to address any requests for audits and inspections
- Conduct periodic audits and risk assessment activities to determine the main areas of compliance risk
- Cultivate relations with government and customs entities to encourage communication and facilitate effective resolution of issues.
- Monitor trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes and alert the appropriate entities
What You'll Need
- Bachelors or University degree in a related field (e.g., international trade, supply chain, logistics).
- Licensed customs broker.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience with international responsibilities in trade compliance, international trade, and customs laws and regulations.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.