Outlet General Manager
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
Wayfair is looking for a creative, energetic, and self-motivated Manager to join our Outlet team in Florence, KY. The ideal candidate has an eye for detail, has experience creating appealing displays and can bring the Wayfair brand to life. He/she thrives in a fast paced environment, is able to react on the fly and can adapt to weekly changes in inventory and promotions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Create a delighting customer experience through merchandising and store operations.
- Manage staffing, schedules and breaks for a team of 50 associates.
- Create and maintain best in class store policy and operating procedures.
- Identify customers’ needs, and balance with operational requirements to meet customer experience standards.
- Support the overall safety strategy through partnership on development, implementation, and sustainability of safety programs.
- Possess strong space optimization and organizational skills for product and fixture storage.
- Collaborate with the Warehouse Management Team on inventory curation and process improvement initiatives.
- Maintain visual standards, including merchandise presentation, signage, lighting, and general maintenance.
- Able to work weekends and some holidays.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of retail experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of merchandising and retail operations.
- Strong administrative, organizational, managerial and communication skills.
- Thoughtful, articulate communication style.
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment.