Steering a multi-billion-dollar global company towards business success while moving as fast as possible isn’t easy. Backing strategic decisions with financial metrics is critical, but lack of integrity, alignment, or visibility into financial data can result in a loss of competitive advantage and leave the company open to financial exposure.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to own and champion best-in-class solutions and tools that empower our company’s decision makers to strategically lead the company while adding new business support where needed. The successful candidate will oversee a team of Product Managers owning Revenue Management, Charging and Billing solutions, partnering closely with senior leaders in Finance, Engineering, Business Intelligence, and more to continue building out the product features to support the growing business needs. Additionally, the top performer will have the opportunity to build the team further out over the next 1-2 years to develop a state of the art financial system platform that is scalable, performant, resilient, reliable, available and elastic having capabilities and features that can easily be extended without affecting business and back office operations.
How you’ll drive success:
- Work closely with key stakeholders and other internal teams to identify key business use cases and converting them to scalable, elastic and extensible platform functions.
- Develop a deep understanding of features owned and maintained by the team to build it further up and create a focused product road-map for the core systems.
- Design and execute a feature set roadmap set to address business objectives and incrementally add value
- Benchmark current state KPIs to identify enhancement opportunities and utilize data to understand the scope, impact, and priority of initiatives.
- Work with engineering managers and teams of developers to drive platform product development and implementation
- Monitor performance of the team’s initiatives and measure the impact of product enhancements using business and technology KPIs.
- Drive user (individuals, applications) adoption and alignment across the company to consume your platform as the singular financial platform
- Manage and develop the careers of the team members.
- Work cross-functionally to understand and address upstream, downstream, and lateral implications.
You’re who we’re looking for if:
- You have significant/meaningful experience in leading a team of product managers, and driving results and adding business value in a highly analytical role, ideally within technical product management, finance, or consulting
- You can think strategically and holistically about business outcomes, while also being able to act tactically and dive into the details of the required technical solutions.
- You are a creative problem solver and troubleshooter, relying on both quantitative and qualitative skills.
- You have excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights and innovative results
- You have a good understanding of system design and can hold yourselves in design and technology discussions with engineering.
- You are a manager doer who can roll up your sleeves to get project executions going.
- You are a strong communicator who can persuade and align stakeholder groups, as well as drive up user adoption for your products
- You can communicate equally well with engineering, product and business stakeholders, up and down the chain in those organizations.
- You have demonstrated experience in leading product teams working in agile scrum model and have experience running engineering sprint teams
- You have demonstrated experience in creating roadmap, epics and user stories for your product feature set.
- You have basic familiarity with MS SqlServer or similar databases, complex data structures, programming languages, architecture and design guidelines.
- You have a demonstrated ability to work autonomously and motivate teams towards a common goal
- You have hands on experience in creating or building incremental features in an enterprise financial system or an enterprise data warehouse.
- You have a Masters in Computer Science or a related field or you have Bachelors in similar fields with experience in leading technology product teams for no less than 3 years.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing team, with strong senior executive sponsorship
- Become a key contributor at a unique time, developing Wayfair’s core financial systems from ground up while influencing other verticals.
- The ability to gain a detailed understanding across many areas of the business, and drive impact across every key strategic lever at Wayfair
- An environment where not only is your voice heard, but your opinion and leadership is critical in shaping our strategic direction.
- A collaborative, forward-thinking, and entrepreneurial team that continuously pushes the envelope.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.