Product Managers at Wayfair are entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create reliable, innovative delivery services for customers that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s supply chain operations. We leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
The Supply Chain Intelligence - Small Parcel Fulfillment and Delivery team is responsible for enabling Wayfair’s small parcel network of carriers, logistics, operations, and Fulfillment Centers to deliver Wayfair’s products to our 15,000,000 customers across North America. In partnership with the operations teams we align and prioritize projects with company strategy for delivering a rapidly increasing number of Wayfair’s products faster and at a lower cost in ways that delight our customers. We partner with internal and external product and engineering teams to design and build the functionality that drives successful outcomes and achieves business value.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the strategy, roadmap, and delivery of carrier modeling solutions that drive value supporting Wayfair’s complex and rapidly expanding Small Parcel Delivery Network.
- Manage a small group of Product Managers to ensure collective vision, roadmap, and execution, while building a culture that is tolerant of risk-taking, collaborative, and incredibly fun to be a part of.
- Guide your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements.
- Maintain a network of key stakeholders, involving them in requirements gathering and planning of emerging projects, and keeping them informed with regular updates at appropropriate levels of strategic and technical detail.
- Work collaboratively with engineering and operations resources within the Small Parcel Carrier Network team.
- Align with other product, technology, and operations teams to successfully coordinate and deliver shared projects.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on all facets of the carrier modeling data structures and technology platform.
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives.
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years product management experience working with complex systems in an Agile development environment
- 2+ years’ experience successfully leading and developing highly effective teams
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds), MBA preferred
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights while understanding business strategy and metrics.
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment.
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically while managing through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals.
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages.
Example initiatives you will lead:
- Separate carrier modeling systems from routing systems to enable the independent expansion and flexibility needing to experiment and scale new initiatives in rapid delivery.
- Build systems to enable real time response to unplanned carrier capacity constraints, ensuring unrivaled reliability in the delivery of hundreds of thousands of purchases each week
- Extend our carrier model for more granular and diverse carrier options to delight our fifteen million customers.