Wayfair is seeking a Senior Training Manager with advanced experience in Enterprise level B2B sales techniques and creating and mentoring high performing teams in a fast-paced growth environment to be based in our Boston, MA office. This position will play an important role in supporting our Enterprise and SMB Retention sales channels for the B2B Business (Wayfair Professional) at all three of Wayfair’s US based B2B sales centers (Boston, Brunswick ME, Layton UT). The Senior Manager will partner with Sales and Strategy Leadership to determine training priorities to ensure the highest impact. This includes training facilitation, partnering with subject matter experts and building new content for sales skills areas. This individual will support various training programs, including ongoing up-skill training and advanced sales skill training for Business Account Managers (BAMs).
The Senior Manager will also participate in coaching and manager development as well as other training as dictated by business needs. This person will collaborate with both on site and larger department leadership to identify additional training requirements for both more and less tenured BAMs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in sales, sales enablement and project management with experience in curriculum development and a track record of building and nurturing high performing teams. This creative, self-starting candidate should have top-notch facilitation skills and the ability to work well with and gain the respect of the sales team members.
What You'll Do
- Identify training needs, develop materials and training staff. Includes ongoing up-skill training, advanced sales skill training for BAMs and project-specific training. Primary audience will be Retention Account Managers (accounts aged 6 mo +) and our Enterprise level sales organization but may include other B2B support employees as needs dictate
- Manage and monitor ongoing employee training to ensure courses are completed in a timely manner, tracked for completion and measured for ROI
- Partner with existing Frontline Sales Trainers, Sr. Training Manager and B2B Development Manager to identify actionable training needs
- Partner with relevant B2B Insights and Strategy leaders to create and execute a data driven training strategy
- Design, develop and update training materials for classroom, e-learning and online use
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; making support readily available; integrating support with routine job functions.
What You'll Need
- Experience in training and enablement with a demonstrated track record of successfully executing advanced sales training programs
- Experience working in a matrix environment and managing cross-functional projects required
- Experience as a trainer in a classroom setting of a sales center preferred with demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills before large groups
- Experience working in a fast-growth company or shaping your own work plan preferred
- 2+ years sales experience
- 2+ years training experience
- 2+ years management experience, preferably across multiple locations
- Proficient in delivering sales productivity tools and CRM training (Salesforce), instructional design methods, Google (Docs, Sheets, Slides), and experience with Seismic is a plus
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills and flexibility to adjust to frequent changes in training priorities and schedules to accommodate business needs
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8-hour period, and sometimes longer
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.