The Operations Product Management department is a group of value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
The Supply Chain Replenishment Optimization team is responsible for ensuring suppliers send the right number of items to the right place in our warehouse network. We partner with internal teams like Inventory Planning to ensure that our recommendations strike the right balance between running a lean warehouse network, avoiding out of stock, and positioning for quick delivery across our network. We also work with other technical teams across the company to understand the current state of our logistics network including inbound inventory, transit time estimates, and routing costs to make sure our replenishment optimization system has the most up to date and accurate information possible.
This role entails working with business stakeholders and operations research data science teams to define requirements for software projects, working with engineering to plan, QA, implement, and troubleshoot these projects, and serving as a subject matter expert on our replenishment optimization systems and inputs. We take a data driven approach to identify opportunities for improvement, develop hypotheses, and measure the impact of our solutions by looking at Key Performance Indicators such as in stock rate, forecast accuracy, and speed badging saturation on our storefront.
- Drive technology solutions to support the rapid growth and expansion of Wayfair’s growing and complex supply chain network
- Develop and maintain technology platform roadmap and disseminate regular updates to key stakeholders
- Run agile sprints for a team of engineers
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact, and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements
- Anticipate and react rapidly to changes in business needs and project scope
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on all facets of the technology platform.
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years product management experience working with operational systems, preferably in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights while understanding business strategy and metrics
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology
- Ability to think strategically and tactically while managing through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Demonstrated experience with data science processes including ETL, modeling, and experience working with machine learning data scientists
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
Example initiatives you will lead:
- Expand the replenishment system to propose inventory to and seamlessly incorporate with warehouses outside the US
- Integrate with new pricing and finance internal systems to overhaul cost and revenue estimates and sharpen the cost vs speed trade-off made by our systems
- Transition overnight, batch processes to an on-demand system and allow real-time feedback and analysis of different replenishment scenarios and settings