The Supplier Operations Project Management team is responsible for driving change on a variety of impactful and high-value operational improvements in relation to our drop ship supply chain. Mutually beneficial to Wayfair and suppliers alike, these improvements enable more efficient fulfillment, communication, reporting, faster and more timely shipping, and increased transparency into our supply chain.
Wayfair is seeking a talented and driven leader to analyze and execute on these improvement opportunities. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. Strong quantitative skills are required to analyze performance and efficacy of solutions, and due to the cross-functional nature of this position and high visibility with senior leadership, effective communication, leadership, and presence are also highly valued. Structured prioritization and creative problem solving skills are also both essential.
What You'll Do
- Pull and analyze data sets that touch every aspect of Wayfair operations to identify new opportunities and trends to drive supply chain performance and improve the customer experience
- Structure and lead problem solving with senior, cross-functional stakeholders to understand broad strategic requirements from the business, prioritize the opportunities we see in the data, develop innovative levers to tackle those opportunities and set targets for impact
- Scope and run pilots and projects to test, refine and scale innovative solutions to the most difficult operational challenges
- Analyze key performance metrics to root-cause performance issues and drive change
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes which make our team and suppliers more efficient (and effective)
- Work cross functionally with groups company-wide, including Category Management, Promotions, Data Integration, Warehouse Fulfillment and Engineering
- Regularly communicate performance trends and improvements to senior management and leadership
- Dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions
What You'll Need
- 2+ years of e-commerce, consumer goods, retail merchandising or management consulting experience
- A track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources
- An ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Demonstrated senior presence, recognized as an effective manager
- An ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Analytical and comfortable with large data sets and drawing insights from them; innovative problem-solving skills
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience managing others preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.