The Analytics Product Management team’s mission is to create best in class Analytics Solutions & Platforms at an enterprise level for the Wayfair business. This includes leading the planning and development of new tools, features, self-service BI, and advanced analytics capabilities. The team works closely with analysts and business stakeholders to deliver fast, actionable, intuitive platforms that power data-driven decision making across the entire organization.
We have built several custom analytics platforms that serve as the internal portals for accessing and connecting data across all aspects of our business. This specific role will be focused on driving the evolution of features and capabilities, ensuring customer success and user adoption, and ongoing evaluation of progress against goals.
You will be creating the product strategy, roadmap, and specification of requirements while leading a cross-functional team of engineers, analysts, and user experience specialists to drive new features through the product development lifecycle. We work in a collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment that encourages innovation by supporting experimentation and creative solutions.
- Identify the most impactful problems to solve, develop innovative solutions, and successfully launch to key stakeholders, ensuring end-user adoption and satisfaction
- Develop the product roadmap (epics, stories, and sprints) to deliver prioritized content and capabilities to meet validated customer use cases. Articulate the value proposition for the solutions.
- Build relationships and evaluate needs across all Wayfair business units to prioritize short-term and long-term objectives
- Be the expert on how the technical details of how your products work
- Maintain a product roadmap/vision that will take the product from inception to MVP to polished product and beyond
- Interpret business requirements into technical specifications while working with Engineering to understand and overcome limitations
- Be agile in order to quickly iterate on product features and analyze effectiveness
- Ensure quality of data products, including timeliness, performance, and accuracy
- You love data and have a deep background in enterprise BI, advanced analytics, and/or machine learning
- You are a creative problem solver who is interested in a highly visible role working with senior stakeholders across the organization
- 4 - 6 years of experience developing analytics solutions with a proven track record of delivering meaningful business value
- Technical software understanding beyond buzzwords. Experience with analytics programming languages such as SQL, SAS, R, and/or Python preferred
- Experience with analysis, data science, and experimentation tools preferred
- Excellent critical thinking and strategic analysis for future-thinking and planning
- Able to react and respond quickly in a fast paced environment where requirements may change
- Obsessive attention to detail that makes your product stand out to its users
- Cultivate senior presences and be the leader of your products
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic
The Analytics Product Management department covers four major areas. You will work on one of the following:
- WARP (Wayfair Analytics Reporting Platform) is our foundational analytics platform that provides users self-service access to all enterprise data and reporting. It’s mission is to enable speed to insight and action through intuitive, flexible, fast analysis tools and visualizations that are fresh and accurate.
- Libra enables the Wayfair business to learn and capitalize on opportunities through rapid and well-executed testing and dynamic optimization solutions. The platform manages the full lifecycle of experimentation across all major channel initiatives.
- Data Solutions innovates on our Data Warehouse Processing framework by improving the dependency graph, creating robust, repeatable real time processing, and advancing our data infrastructure.
Advanced Analytics is focused on building predictive and prescriptive analytics applications into our core analytics platforms, including: forecasting, anomaly detection, programmatic root cause analysis, smart alerting and recommendation engines, and scenario planning tools.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.