Data Science - Vision & Speech - Intern & Co-op Opportunities
Wayfair’s Data Science and Machine Learning teams build the algorithmic systems that drive our business. Specifically, the Computer Vision team aims to get the customer what they want without needing words. Take for example determining how to implement AR technology to improve the shopping experience. The projects that this team works on are driven from the ground up, so we look for entrepreneurial individuals that want to take ownership over their own agenda and thrive in a collaborative team environment. In addition, they work closely with stakeholders across the business to ensure that our data driven insights do not collect dust. With an in-house A/B testing platform and rolling code deployments, our team can quickly and clearly see the impact that its work has on the company at large.
We are currently accepting internship applications for Summer of 2020 (June 2020 start date; 10-week program). We are also accepting co-op applications for 2020 so long as you’re available to work full-time for 4-6 months (flexible start and end dates throughout the year).
Computer Vision - Data Scientist
What You'll Do
- Build, release, improve and evangelize computer vision and deep learning models for multiple use cases to business stakeholders.
- Develop a robust, sustainable plan for future iterations of models, including projecting data collection requirements and partnering with engineering on improvements to the data collection, transcription, and annotation process.
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues from design, science, engineering and business backgrounds.
- Empathetically brainstorm with engineers to support models and explain results in production.
What You'll Need
- Deep appreciation of pragmatic application and distillation of cutting-edge techniques in Computer Vision, Deep Learning & Computer Graphics literature.
- Ability to effectively work with business leads, product designers, product managers: strong verbal & written communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts and desire to persuade stakeholders & influence business decisions.
- Machine Learning experience (such supervised/semi-supervised & unsupervised learning, deep learning, recommendations systems) and proven track record of application of these algorithms that drives measurable value.
- Strong expertise in Computer Vision tools, techniques & technologies (3D geometry, pose estimation, semantic similarity learning, 3D reconstruction, hand crafted feature extraction e.g. SIFT, SURF, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity and cross-functional project teams.
- Experience with Python and Tensorflow is a must
- Experience with OpenCV, Keras, 3Ds Max, Blender, Unity/Unreal, C++ is a plus
Speech - Language Engineer
What You'll Do
- Build and improve our speech recognition models.
- Ensure high quality data through collection and processing.
- Develop and refine protocols for data collection, transcription, annotation.
- Build, release, and improve Deep Learning Acoustic
- Build, release, and improve Domain Specific nGram language models
- Build, release, and improve End-To-End deep learning speech models
- Work with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
- Work with engineers to support models and explain results in production.
What You'll Need
- Experience in machine learning and speech in classroom or previous experience
- Experience in Perl, Python, shell, or another scripting language; command line usage
- Experience with various machine learning techniques
- Experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
- Solid Machine Learning background and familiar with standard speech and machine learning techniques.
- Proven track record of ability to invent, with contributions in academia or industry that have advanced the field
- Software development (coding) experience
- Great written and spoken communication skills
- Experience in Speech Recognition Open Source toolkits such as Kaldi, ESPNet, OpenSeqtoSeq
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.