Wayfair’s European Headquarters in Berlin is looking for a talented British English Translation Specialist for our Localization team to help localise storefront, product catalogue and other internal and external tools for our UK market! We are the largest online retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States and we’re ready to replicate this success in the British and European markets.
This is a great opportunity to directly impact the development of our UK business and to make sure that our customers have the best shopping experience possible. Are you a professional translator, proofreader or copywriter and ready to join one of Berlin’s hottest international companies? If the answer is yes, then we would very much like to hear from you.
What you'll do
- Support our Merchandising Operations team in our mission to become the best online place to shop for the home Develop a deep comprehension of how site merchandising operations works cross-functionally in a large multicultural company
- Execute on data-driven projects to improve product data quality and help customers make purchasing decisions Ensure we have beautiful content and the best-in-class experience for our UK customers
- Work with your team and manage projects on your own
- Translate high priority projects into British English using various translation tools (e.g. Smartling) Review and edit German / US English product translations into British English
- Perform quality assurance processes on our product catalogue and website
- Provide linguistic support for internal customers as needed Coordinate, onboard, train and support freelance translators
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes to make our team more efficient and effective
What you'll need
- Native British English and C2 level of German. Additional European languages are a plus
- 2+ years of experience in translation, copywriting and proofreading
- CAT tool knowledge (Smartling or other CAT tools knowledge a plus)
- Educational background in translation / English studies A keen eye for detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Outstanding organisational skills Team player
- Demonstrated interest in online media and e-commerce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (business writing, conversational writing) Excel and SQL fluency a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information