Wayfair is a leader in the eCommerce space for all things home. Though we’re well-established as a market leader, we’ve done a great job of staying true to our startup roots in the ways that matter, including a work hard-play hard work culture, exciting new product development, small, collaborative engineering teams, and countless opportunities for advancement as we continue to grow.
Our six supply chain engineering teams are working on some highly exciting new product development initiatives and, in turn, are growing at a rapid pace. We're looking to bring on collaborative, growth-minded “manager doers,” leaders who thrive on solving complex challenges, and taking ownership over the entire product development lifecycle with a global impact. We are hiring across a variety of teams and highly visible, customer facing new product development initiatives. (Feel free to check out our tech blog for a better idea of all the cool stuff we're up to: https://tech.wayfair.com/)
Moreover, our purposefully small, agile engineering teams enable all members with voice and direct influence over processes, tech stack, and projects; you will have true end-to-end ownership. Currently, we have teams working with Python, React, PHP, and C#, so there is quite a bit of variety in terms of the tools you would be using.
What You’ll Do:
- Managing a team with cross-functional/cross-platform scope, including a capable leadership bench, and addressing problem areas quickly through appropriate performance management.
- Managing projects that span multiple sprint lines including project planning, resource allocation, team building.
- Identifying engineering problems in the areas of your ownership and developing solutions to them in conjunction with your teams and other appropriate stakeholders.
- Coaching tech leads through running productive and efficient sprints. Monitoring sprint metrics like velocity, focus factor, burndown and ensuring consistently high sprint performance.
- Identifying new workstreams to incorporate into your product area, while also working with engineering and product stakeholders to identify product gaps to fill and incorporating those in your teams.
- Identifying points where the product, analytics, and engineering roadmaps don’t align. Working with both teams to address these issues, ensuring appropriate prioritization of engineering driven tech investments alongside new feature development.
- Ensuring that the right information is available to make high level architecture and technology decisions.
Who Are You?
- A highly skilled software engineer, with at least a year of experience leading a team.
- Experience with cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority.
- Previous experience designing systems at scale.
- Strong effective troubleshooting skills and issue resolution techniques.
- Expertise with at least one server-side programming language. (The bigger the toolbox, the better!)
- SQL Database design, development and performance optimization experience.
- You have exceptional problem-solving skills, experience developing technical solutions to complex problems.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.