We are the EU Operations Service Team, the core operational support to our Wayfair Supply Chain Network, from data and technical implementation and supplier management through to freight management.
We deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the EU Operations Service Team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
This is a unique opportunity to join a team that covers the breadth and depth of online operations, whilst being part of an exciting and dynamic company delivery core operations services.
What You’ll Do
- Lead by example and foster a culture of collaboration and development
- Lead team meetings, hold regular check-ins with staff
- You will develop robust, trusting relationships with key stakeholders and senior leadership, and identify opportunity to improve productivity.
- Partner closely with a variety of groups company- wide, including transportation, data integration, warehousing, inventory planning, engineering and others to coordinate cross functional projects.
- Monitor, report and drive individual and team performance
- Monitor and drive key service level metrics for fulfillment to ensure that we are providing excellent customer experience and delivering on our promise.
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes and technology which make our teams more efficient and effective.
- Support operational strategy and innovation to drive business goals for operational performance.
- You’ll manage, coach, develop team of Operations Associates and Specialists.
- Manage multiple priorities in a face-paced environment with effective communication and thorough follow through.
- You’ll establish sound process improvement initiatives that drive long term improvement, as well as streamline and optimize day-to-day operations.
- Regularly communicate performance trends and improvements to senior management and leadership
- Report to senior management on team performance, development, and improvement areas
What You'll Need
- A Bachelor’s Degree or a strong degree of operational experience in a similar role.
- 2+ years of experience managing operational teams while balancing production/quality metrics
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated success influencing senior leaders
- Able to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan. Able to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company.
- Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data to further develop, recommend and implement solutions.
- Innovative and creative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills - ability to leverage raw data to inform coaching process and strategy
- Proven ability to solve difficult problems creatively with innovative solutions
- Ability to perform root cause analysis of problems and implement solutions with limited guidance
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to communicate when things don’t go as planned
- Demonstrated use of technology to automate processes with focus on driving efficiency and cost savings
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information