Who we are:
We are the front line leaders in the new Wayfair Training Support Network. We are positioned forward at all the network locations providing direct training support to the Site Directors and our Supply Chain teams. We bring network-level resources along with realistic and challenging training initiatives to optimize performance. Training must be more challenging than operational requirements. We drive improvement through organization and standardization while prioritizing safety from the onset of planning through execution. We are looking for effective communicators with positive attitudes, process optimization mindset and a versatile coaching style.
We are looking for a proven leader with training experience who will lead a multi-functional team responsible for driving operational excellence and championing the Wayfair culture, both locally and throughout the Wayfair network. A leader with experience developing, adapting and executing individual and collective level training. This person will be responsible for the development of all functions within our fulfillment operations, across all activities and echelons of leadership. This individual will be a strategic thinker, who is driven and team-oriented. They will be a collaborative problem solver who can build teams and consistently strives for excellence. This candidate must also be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced, rapidly challenging and fluid environment.
What you will do:
- Support all training functions within our fulfillment center operations
- Promulgate Wayfair culture in the fulfillment center and lead by example
- Lead a training team, develop a plan, manage priorities, set goals and provide professional development
- Facilitate orientation, onboarding, and process implementation to lead new teammates to optimal performance in accordance with network standards
- Identify, develop and execute a plan to correct operational deficiencies utilizing available metrics and post-training observations/assessment
- Prioritize training resources and training towards operational requirements
- Drive consistent training and operational standardization across the site with the network
- Lead initial certification training, re-evaluations and sustainment training efforts in a fulfillment center with 300-500 employees using classroom and on-the-job training methods interwoven with fundamental leadership training
- Measure and evaluate pre & post learning objectives for all operational and safety training, advising leadership and creating corrective action plans
- Continuously improve the operation by developing training modules and exercising concepts to accomplish new requirements and optimize performance
- Conduct operational assessments and effectively communicate training requirements and action plans up, down and across the leadership team
- Measure local and regional training participation and adherence
- Evaluate training team performance to provide development opportunities and coach accordingly
- Analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to identify opportunities and strategize a training action plan for deployment
- Lead a site based team with regional integration - travel ~10%
What you will need:
- Five+ years experience in a leadership position - possess highly effective communication skills to coach and teach – you must be approachable, hard-working and enthusiastic. You must communicate (both verbally and written) detailed processes in a simple and concise manner making information easy to understand and engaging at all levels
- Proven experience teaching a variety of tasks in supply chain logistics, operations, or education – you must have a strong ability to create, organize and execute a plan with a collaborative and creative approach
- Demonstrated integration skills in a challenging environment - to bring multiple goals together to create focused and synchronized training strategy
- Tireless attention to detail and organization – you must understand and focus on the smallest of details while maintaining a clear vision and action plan to accomplish the overall operational intent
- Five+ years experience developing and resourcing training - you must be able to plan and organize resources to meet the training requirements
- Five+ years training experience – you must be able to adjust to your audience, be comfortable answering questions and consistently seek ways to improve. You must also be adaptable to maintain trainee focus, no matter what the topic or training condition.
- You must view change as an opportunity to improve
- Be prepared to work with Content Design Teams to ensure all skills training is current and make recommendations on training priorities; content work will be required.
- Proven ability to anticipate challenges and be decisive - you always get in front of issues, mitigate risk and have no problem making decisions quickly in support of operational requirements
- Preferred: four year college degree in organizational leadership, project management or management