Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. Wayfair’s websites generate millions of clicks, with customers and partners that visit our sites every day. The Web Analytics team is focused on understanding and optimizing user behavior as a key enabler for the company to move fast and iterate quickly on big business problems. We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro-optimizations.
With a specific focus on our supplier facing sites, as a (Senior) Web Analyst, you will directly partner with teams across Product, Engineering and UX to design on-site tests and analyze user behavior patterns to improve our sites. The team provides critical data visualization, analysis and optimization to business partners, driving strategic and tactical decisions across our supplier-facing websites.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with leaders of Product, Engineering, UX, and more to identify the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
- Comprehend, extract, and transform information from multi-terabyte databases including sales, clickstream, logistics, product, and supplier data to deliver business insights and recommendations.
- Design and build solutions to empower stakeholders across Wayfair to self-serve analytical needs.
- Become the subject matter expert for data, analytics, and testing of our supplier-facing websites to ensure accurate and proper interpretation of core business metrics and user behavior.
- Perform deep-dive analyses, including the application of advanced analytical techniques to solve some of the more critical and complex business problems including website funnel progression, customer segmentation and targeting, as well as testing.
- Develop data visualizations, including reports, dashboards, and analyses in Tableau to distribute data insights in an easily digestible manner to over 10,000 global employees.
What You’ll Need
- Experience in an analytics, business intelligence, data science or engineering role performing quantitative analysis.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL (incl. aggregate functions, joins, etc.) or other structured programming language(s) e.g. Python, Java, C.
- Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses on large data sets; experience with Tableau a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
- Ecommerce or retail analytics experience a strong plus.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.