Wayfair is redefining the e-commerce experience for home, across the globe. We use data to build products & models that make the customer experience pleasant and cohesive across the customer lifecycle, from consideration, through purchase, delivery, and satisfaction.
About the Org
The Infrastructure Team’s mission is to enable velocity for Wayfair – velocity of product teams, velocity of insights, and velocity of decisions. We ensure that over 3,000 engineers, data scientists, and analysts can move fast, easily, and without fear of breaking things. We provide the platforms to make our production, development, and analysis environments available, scalable, well-separated but consistent with each other, and easy to move between.
About the Team
The Data Infrastructure team is designing and building the next generation of systems for managing Wayfair’s massive volume of data. We are software engineers building solutions for data in motion and at rest: data ingestion, storage, transformation, computation, and visualization. We leverage proven, popular technologies like Hive, Kafka, Spark, Airflow, and Beam. We build tooling and services that lower the barrier to self-service in data systems.
About the Role
As a Product Manager in Data Infrastructure, you will take the lead on delivering solutions in data platforms for analytics & data science. We run platforms on-premises and in the cloud (GCP). Some popular frameworks for us today are Airflow, Hadoop, Spark, BigQuery, Druid, and Kafka. Your focus will be delivering solutions based on these frameworks that enable the business with data processing pipelines, exploratory data analysis, data preparation, data visualization, and ML workflow tools.
Our cloud platform is an exciting new environment for users of data at Wayfair, giving them access to high-performance distributed computing, practically unlimited storage, and loads of off-the-shelf components for various activities in their workflow. While the range of available options can be dazzling, your inner product manager should already be thinking about the strategy: who are your users? What are their unmet needs? What features can Data Infrastructure unify to deliver on the value proposition?
As the Product Manager, you will bring existing familiarity with data computing tasks and cloud capabilities in this space. You will actively elicit the needs of users to look past “what we do today” in order to find the big opportunities that will accelerate data scientists, analysts, and product managers working with data. You will assess and validate these opportunities, refine the scope and execution plan, and own the delivery from roadmap to rollout.
What You’ll Do
- Be a recognized expert on the processes, tools, and workflows in Wayfair’s data science organization, and GCP’s data solutions
- Follow the advancements in your industry, bring in outside perspective, socialize and assess them against Wayfair’s goals
- Bring focus to important questions; conquer ambiguity and uncertainty in the organization
- Demonstrate empathy and integrity working with people every day
- Seek options to get around challenges; never be blocked
- Ask for help when you need it
Who you are?
- You have 3+ years of product management experience
- You have a proven track record of success developing relationships with stakeholders and delivering on multi-team projects
- You have experience in iterative software delivery practices
- You have a knack for connecting strategic needs to tactical details, and conveying their connections to others
- You have a technical understanding of data processing pipelines, distributed systems, and ML workflow