Development Focused Data Center Infrastructure Engineer
Wayfair is expanding in every direction - our work is never done. We are looking for a Development focused Infrastructure Engineer who is driven to learn how to and help us hone our processes and technology to better serve our fast-paced environment. Our engineering teams are constantly building, iterating upon, expanding, and replacing our systems and services. Wayfair is looking to develop our Data Center Operations teams by bringing on board talented development focused resources to help automate everything we do in the Data Center Operations teams by contributing to, maintaining, and creating new automation tools that enable us to continue to drive transformation of our environments. The Data Center team supports the technical foundation of Wayfair’s rapidly growing large-scale Internet e-commerce platform and corporate applications. Our projects center around growth and scale; we are always working to improve and expand Wayfair's server environment.
What You'll Do
- Help build a data center
- Hypervisor & VM build automation
- Build automation and/or tools for on premise datacenter builds
- Consult with our internal customers on their requirements, document and build tooling
- Automate Server build and inventory management
- Scale system deployments through automation
- Automation of system life cycle engineering
- Help to grow the global production infrastructure that underpins our e-commerce platform
- Help to build, develop and maintain custom virtualization automation, monitoring and reporting tools
- Participate in automation initiatives that interface with our storage & networking frameworks
- Maintain and improve upon existing services, systems, and monitoring tools
- Troubleshoot and maintain systems and hardware in a production environment
What You'll Need
- BA or BS degree from a 4-year college or university desired
- Minimum three years systems administration/Site Reliability/Platform/DevOps background
- Experience with IT Infrastructureincluding but not limited to data center operations, server hardware, web servers (IIS, jboss, etc.), databases (MS SQL, mySQL, mongoDB), virtualization (VMware), networking, storage, monitoring, etc.
- Experience with structured programing languages (Python, Powershell, etc.)
- Experience with .NET and RestAPI is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab CI etc
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.