Wayfair is a leader in the eCommerce space for all things for the home (couches, end tables, lamps, and literally 8+ million other items). However, we still have that start-up feel within engineering. Our engineers are building highly interactive web tools to support our extensive 12+ million item Product Catalog. We’re helping to creating the most compelling customer experience anywhere on the web.
We're looking for growth-minded, energetic people who enjoy innovation and thrive on complexity and scale. For these teams, we are looking for strong object-oriented design skills. Engineers are truly full stack, building out full-featured, highly interactive web experiences for our end users as well as distributed backend systems capable of handling millions of changes daily. We have a massive amount of data under all of this so SQL skills and an analytic mindset are important as well.
We don't care what language you grew up with...we have a wide array of technologies here. OO skills are great; functional programming and scripting language experience are prized as well.
What You’ll Do:
- Managing projects that span multiple sprint lines including project planning, resource allocation, team building
- Globalizing our catalog to allow product content to be translated into a number of different languages as we expand our offerings abroad (C#, PHP / SQL)
- Building out a best in class web portal for our suppliers to add to their product selection and improve the quality of the product data we capture (PHP / JS / SQL / C#.NET)
- Leveraging our extensive 3D model library to produce compelling, lifelike imagery to ensure our customers can visualize our top products in their homes (Python / 3DS MAXScript)
- Building a pricing engine capable of delivering millions of price changes to site in under an hour to help the business stay agile at scale (C# / F# / SQL)
Who you are
- A graduate of a computer science, computer graphics, or digital arts related degree program with 2+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 6+ years of equivalent industry experience
- You have exceptional problem solving skills, experience developing technical solutions to complex problems
- You have experience designing solutions for scale
- You have experience in Object Oriented programming (PHP or .NET preferred)
- SQL Database design, development and performance optimization experience
- You’ve got a sense of humor and excellent communication skills
- You work cross-functionally with different business units
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.