Data Engineer, B2B Data Platform R&D
The B2B Data Platform Engineering and Analytics team builds tools to automate both analytical and operational workflows. It also maintains systems that increase productivity across the broader B2B sales organization. We are part of the B2B Insights & Analytics (I&A) organization, which manages the sustainable growth of the B2B sales with a focus on creating lasting relationships between customers and our sales teams.
We are comprised of data scientists, statisticians, economists, business analysts, and analytics engineers that have the shared goal of maximizing profitable, incremental sales revenue. Those who will be most successful in this role are both technically skilled and business-minded. In addition to building new tools, they come to the table with a desire to independently identify and scope initiatives that will have a direct impact on improving Wayfair's bottom line.
What You'll Do
- You will productionize code written by data analysts for use in experimental design and analysis (helping ensure their code is performant and well-tested).
- You will maintain operational processes in the B2B "Operations Hub", a web app that provides business users with an interface to abstract complex optimization algorithms. (You will learn the basics of web development and container orchestration in Kubernetes!)
- You will work directly with analytics, operations, and sales teams to identify problems and scope solutions (we are our own product managers).
- You will build internal python libraries to streamline analytics workflows, with an emphasis on intuitive interface design.
- You will become a subject matter expert in the B2B data model. In doing so, you will help analysts effectively manage data proliferation (operational, experimental, third-party).
- You should evangelize code quality best practices (testing, style, documentation) and help analysts improve the quality of their code
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field from top-tier institution
- Server-side programming experience (we write a lot of Python)
- Familiarity with version control techniques and best practices
- Experience writing complex SQL (+1 if you have performance tuning experience)
- Process-oriented mindset with strong organizational and communication skills
- Comfort with prototyping and scoping MVPs for ambiguously defined opportunities
- Experience writing unit and integration tests [Nice to have]
- Experience developing or deploying containerized apps (Docker, K8s) [Nice to have]
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.