What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the development of key internally developed Wayfair analytic products, including:
- Job scheduling
- Data cataloging and lineage
- Anomaly Detection
- Build, schedule, and manage data pipelines from application origin through batch and streaming systems to make it available in this tooling
- Develop innovative ways of interacting with data at scale, including auto-ML on billion row datasets, natural language processing, and personalized reporting
- Develop a keen understanding of the needs of a diverse user group to tailor-make fast, intuitive systems blending the best of Wayfair’s proprietary technology and open-source tooling
What You Are
- Excited about unlocking the value of petabyte scale data
- A desire to develop sophisticated technical applications from the front-end user experience to the back-end system administration
- Familiar with SQL
- Excited to collaborate with partners across the business and engineering to understand their needs
What You Have
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
- Examples of prior innovation in a fast-paced, independent capacity.
- Experience with agile development, source control systems, continuous integration and other standards of modern development
- Ecommerce or retail analytics experience a strong plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.