Senior Analyst, Consumer Insights
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to wear several hats as a Senior Analyst for Consumer Insights. Reporting to the Consumer Insights Senior Manager, this person will support brand, marketing, and creative teams by owning the most critical analyses our team produces – Brand and Category Trackers and a Wayfair Family of Brands online community (MROC). This job includes statistical data analysis of surveys; qualitative analysis of customer calls, online communities, and focus groups; ownership of specific insights initiatives like the creation of new dashboards and data cubes; and of course, applying these learnings to develop brand strategy.
The ideal candidate is a left-brain/right-brain individual with strong customer intuition built on a foundation of strong quantitative skills. They will have a record of quantifiable success and will have previous experience working cross-functionally in a data-driven, fast-paced, and high-growth company. This role is a good fit for current research analysts or junior consultants looking for a new challenge.
- Plan and execute qualitative and quantitative customer research, including brand trackers, online communities, customer calls, customer surveys, secondary market research, and internal site data analysis
- This role is expected to dive deep into all parts of the research process, including scoping research plans, programming surveys, analyzing data in R, SQL, SPSSS, and/or Excel, and building Powerpoint decks that address the “business story”
- Re-vamp the Wayfair Family of Brands online community, including finding and organizing vendors to support the initiative, managing the day-to-day community activities, and establishing a long-term vision for the community
- Work with our business intelligence teams to find and pull relevant Wayfair site behavior data to combine with survey data to create a holistic understanding of the customer experience
- Own and push the development of several internal initiatives or tools such as internal data dashboards, brand tracking reporting, data cubes, online communities, and more
- 3+ years of experience with demonstrated analytic and quantitative skills, preferably in a consumer-focused research role
- Strong intrinsic problem solving skills, with an exceptional focus on details related to methodology and analysis; knowing that there is a “right” way to do things, coupled with passion for conducting scrappy research when appropriate
- Desire to learn about the business and to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Must have great project management skills including the ability to work within tight deadlines and cross-functional partners
- Proficient in the use of the internet for research and alternative forms of sourcing
- Outgoing personality with the ability to speak with people at all professional levels
- Experience with SPSS, SAS, Excel, Marketsight, or other statistical software; must be able to run their own analyses, including frequencies, crosstabs, and t-tests
- SQL familiarity a plus
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.