Global Director of Workforce Management
Who we are:
Wayfair is looking for an experienced director to lead the Sales & Services Workforce Management function globally. Workforce Management plays a fundamental role in our mission of providing tailored, reliable and effortless service experience for our customers. This team is responsible for forecasting, staffing, scheduling and monitoring Wayfair Customer Service department through a combination of highly analytical approaches and heavy business acumen. Through partnership with the broader Sales and Service organization we target to craft the most efficient operation possible, while meeting the needs of Wayfair, our staff and our leadership.
What you’ll do:
- You will define the Global WFM strategy across main functions (Forecasting, Scheduling, Real-time Operations and Technology)
- Engage with the broader Sales & Service organization to drive a continuous optimization approach across WFM processes
- Identify, collect, track and improve key performance metrics to manage and improve WFM performance
- Engage with the broader Sales & Service organization to provide consultation and advice on special projects that impact Wayfair’s workforce
- Command a strong senior presence and keep building on a team of high-performing WFM experts
You will grow, develop & lead a team of workforce experts responsible for:
- Forecasting expected contact totals across multiple communication channels and languages.
- Scheduling employees at the optimal time compared to forecasted headcount requirements, communicating to employees and coordinating with management on fulfilling their needs
- Managing the day to day operations of the North America & European customer service organizations, adjusting resources as necessary to ensure a consistently smooth customer experience
- Collection and reconciliation of time & attendance data to support payroll function
- Tracking agent KPIs and associated metrics to support performance management
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years work experience or 4+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 3+ years’ leading a Global WFM organization, fully owned service function preferred
- Experience managing multi-level teams including success building and scaling teams
- Ability to think both creatively and critically—willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.
- Ability to effectively partner, influence and generate loyalty with main stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, entrepreneurial and subjective environment that balances operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is “right” for the customer
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience and simplify complex technical topics for executive consumption
- Technologically savvy with working knowledge of main WFM technologies/ best-in-class processes
- Proven success in developing ideas into executable projects with measurable outcomes.
- Travel required as needed.