Wayfair is looking for an experienced Team Lead/Full-Stack Developer to join our Warehouse Management Systems Engineering (WMS) team. The WMS teams are the gatekeepers of organizational efficiency & accuracy to handle the ever-increasing volume of orders and product that flow through our proprietary supply chain that has helped Wayfair grow at ~40% year over year.
How will you be challenged?
As the main trailblazer in revolutionizing large-item logistics on a global scale, Wayfair continues to build and scale out its custom e-commerce network. A critical component of this strategy is the efficiency of our warehouses. With 30 globally, we are looking to scale to 100 warehouses in the coming years. WMS is in charge of ensuring that we are scaling our homegrown systems effectively, and collaborating with our Storefront teams to handle the influx of vendors & products that are added daily.
- A greenfield project to rewrite and transform the main application infrastructure that drives warehouse operations. This will be in the form of a quick, large-scale application that will be able to process all items that flow through our supply chain and seamlessly integrate with all of our systems.
- Vital in providing Warehousing as a service to an ever-increasing list of vendors. Wayfair may deal mainly with homegoods, but this team envisions a future where Wayfair is able to fulfill any type of goods.
- Inventory Trust:
- Vital in providing the rest of the business with insights into the inner workings of our supply chain. Inventory trust seeks to take in all data actions, and package/stream useful information to well over 90 teams throughout Wayfair.
What You’ll do?
Serve as a lead member of a team of high performing engineers that will shape the future of global, large-item warehouse operations
- Team building and culture
- Effectively coach/manage junior engineers
- Actively network with engineers & build rapport with leaders on other teams
- Innovation and results
- Handle ambiguity with limited oversight
- Propose and own self-driven initiatives to completion
- Critical thinking
- Help the team stay focused on goals
- Provide high quality code reviews and designs to serve as an example for junior engineers
- Communication and persuasion
- Participates with leadership to make decisions on roadmap, processes, and architecture
- Communicate effectively with senior management and PM’s across engineering
What You Have?
- Experience leading or managing a team of software engineers, and delivery of business impacting applications
- Proficient in designing systems at scale
- Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques
- Proficient in a server side programming language (PHP preferred but not required)
- Proficient in a front-end framework (React preferred but not required)
- Proficient in writing SQL queries against a relational database
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.