The Lifestyle Brands Manager will focus on launching and maintaining a portfolio of high end specialty websites. Product selection is core to the customer experience and a significant growth lever - in this position, the Manager will be responsible for algorithmically optimizing product selection (a.k.a. curation) to achieve strategic business objectives and financial outcomes.
At its core, the Profit Management team is focused on steering growth strategy and business analytics across all of Wayfair’s brands and geographies. Typical projects will include analyzing trends, conducting deep-dives on business performance and understanding competitive dynamics of the business. This role requires a unique mix of business intuition, analytical expertise, and stakeholder management to drive strategic decisions related to growth and profitability.
What You'll Do
- Develop strategic roadmaps and implementation plans for an automated curation system
- Conduct rigorous analytics leveraging tests and experimental data to uncover growth opportunities
- Work closely with category management, operations, marketing, and engineering to develop a deep understanding of category dynamics
- Identify opportunities to accelerate growth and build tools to analyze and test new strategies
- Monitor operational and financial performance data to spot trends in the business and ensure competitive position / health of the business
- Work closely with engineering and operations teams to optimize the performance of our dynamic curation system
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of experience with at least 1 year of management experience
- Light programming skills relevant to data science with an interest in learning more
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- Bonus points for experience with SQL, Python, big data (Hadoop, Spark), Git, GitHub, bash and/or UNIX scripting
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.