Team Name: Supply Chain Engineering
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. We’re the creative builders solving complex business problems through the newest and most innovative software in e-commerce. From Marketing Engineering and Proprietary Logistics to Development Platforms and Infrastructure Engineering, we leverage open source technology to create our own platforms and engineering tools, and our continuous deployment environment promotes frequent releases to production. We move fast, build to scale, and approach each challenge with agility and creativity.
We're looking for experienced, full-stack Senior Software Engineer to join our Supply Chain Engineering team, that owns the complex back-end systems processing updates from carriers, to internal tools. This allows our agents to pick items from our warehouses, to front-end applications helping customers to stay up to date as orders make their way through our network. If you have a background working with complex data systems and fast iteration in an agile environment, this is the role for you. We deeply value: curiosity, collaboration, and an eagerness to make an impact on the business.
An Ideal Candidate will have:
• 5+ years of relevant experience as a software engineer
• Mastery of a server-side programming language, (Python preferred)
• Have experience designing systems at scale
• Talented in writing SQL joins, aggregate queries, and complicated selects
• Experience working in a distributed or highly transactional environment
• Be strongly motivated to apply technical skills to solve tough business problems
• Experience mentoring and coaching fellow engineers
• Collaborate well with senior leaders, product managers, and additional stakeholders
• Prototype, build, and scale tools for our international supply chain operations that will eventually perfect our ocean shipments across the globe.
• Be a part of building our prediction platform that will launch our planning systems into the future and give our warehouses strategic insight for all vendors
• Build software to support our carrier selection, billing, delivery estimates for North America and Europe
• Build new tools to optimize and automate existing processes for orders and product that flow through our proprietary supply chain
• Work on large scale inventory positioning initiatives for our warehouses
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.