Who We Are:
We’re a process & learning team on a mission to grow and standardize our business. The Supply Chain Training function at Wayfair focuses on driving the culture of safety, standardization, and development to create the foundation to enable future growth for our business and our people. We are culture evangelists throughout our entire Supply Chain network.
We are looking for a proven leader who will help lead the team responsible for developing blended learning content of all functions within our Supply Chain operations, including warehouse, customer care, warehousing, and site leadership. This includes creating engaging process and tool content, eLearning and self-paced learning, virtual classroom design, including instructor led training, building tool kits and study guides, and performance support aids for all Wayfair’s Fulfillment Centers and Delivery Hubs. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead an instructional team dedicated to developing engaging learning content to support new hire onboarding, safety, process standardization and technology implementation.
- Work with project managers, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other key stakeholders to identify content areas for prioritization, course development, design overall program model and define deliverables against required timelines
- Anticipates future business learning needs and engage with business leaders to promote and influence the use of instructional methods that will ensure a ready-now team. Addresses both new hire and ongoing development needs for front-line associates and management.
- Prioritize projects among global stakeholders to manage bandwidth of the Instructional Design team with operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Drive continuous improvement advanced knowledge of current, trending and innovative learning technologies that can accelerate or improve learning strategies and programs without compromising safety.
- Design deployment strategy to prioritize large scale process change and improvement utilizing a framework; can implement hands-on alongside team
- Provide change management guidance, assists with process validation, communication development, training, documentation and reporting
- Some Travel Required up to ~25%
What You’ll Need:
- Relevant experience in an instructional design, minimum 5+ years
- Proven track record of creating and developing high-performing teams
- A roll-up your sleeves attitude to understand the needs of our frontline associates.
- Flexibility – you are comfortable answering questions or always finding out. You respond to change in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing training materials in all modalities, including ILT, e-learning, video
- Demonstrated working knowledge of eLearning development tools such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline
- Experience collaborating with global stakeholders, SMEs, front-line managers and front-line employees Experience explaining complex topics to a novice audience
- Demonstrated adult learning implementation and experience driving performance through impactful training
- Demonstrated proficiency in assessing training effectiveness and ROI to stakeholders and leaders
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years with implementation, operations, supply chain management experience
- Bilingual Spanish or German
- Experience with graphic design, video, micro-learning, responsive design, gamification, simulations, animation/motion graphics preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.