We are looking to hire a talented, driven and entrepreneurial Supplier Engagement Manager to join our Operations Team.
As a key member of the EU End to End Supplier Management Team, your primary responsibility will be to enable suppliers to be successful in eCommerce. This is a high impact role which involves encouraging suppliers to make fundamental improvements to their operations, not only to make them capable of effective online fulfillment, but also to provide a sustainable growth platform for the Wayfair business.
This role requires strong negotiation skills, and would suit candidates who enjoy a mixture of desk and field based work.
- Own the strategic e-commerce development of your category, in close collaboration with other departments i.e. pricing, marketing, promotions, logistics, operations Lead large cross-functional projects to align with the Wayfair Europe growth strategy
- Manage a portfolio of very impactful Wayfair suppliers in a furniture category and support them to be e-commerce ready (packaging, fulfillment, availability, automation..)
- Conduction of structural analyses, process flow and capacity planning for supplier operations
- Act as the point of escalation, advice on issues and develop effective performance corrective actions
- Use your expertise and capabilities in risk management, quality, relationship building, collaboration, and problem-solving. Expect up to 30% travel throughout Europe.
- Experience in supplier or account management
- Experience in business negotiation
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and German is a must!
- Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and coordination a multitude of important tasks
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Proficient in use of MS Office programs
- Enthusiastic, quick learner with proven ability to rapidly get up to speed with job knowledge
- Bachelor degree, ideally with an operational focus
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course, the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.9 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.