Do you want to join the fastest growing start up within Wayfair? CastleGate is an entrepreneurial new business within Wayfair that is revolutionizing supply chain logistics and the order fulfillment process across Wayfair’s catalog of home goods. In this role, you will support rapid business growth by developing go-to-market strategies (i.e., pricing and operating model) for two very new businesses with CastleGate. Flex your conceptual and analytical problem solving skills in our highly collaborative and cross-functional team environment.
What is CastleGate?
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one-day and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible.
In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a mini-CFO of CastleGate’s inbound business, leveraging data to build fact-based recommendations for our business partners
- Develop an understanding of the market, pricing dynamics and the key capabilities needed to succeed
- Develop new business and operating models, set pricing strategies, support financial planning, and advance reporting and analytics
- Partner with Account Management to grow the business including customer acquisition planning, sales support, and financial analysis
- Support end-to-end launch of new transportation services
- Serve as a thought partner for business leaders
- Participate in problem solving and process/systems improvement to efficiently scale the business
- Work collaboratively with groups within the CastleGate team and company-wide including Transportation, Finance, Engineering and Warehouse Management
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in an analytical/consulting role preferably with supply chain, logistics, or e-commerce experience
- Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems even when clean and or complete information is not available
- Demonstrated ability to partner with business leaders, understand the business requirements, and deliver creative, strategic solutions
- Proficiency in Excel & SQL preferred
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization