Wayfair is redefining the e-commerce experience for home, across the globe. We use data to build products & models that make the customer experience pleasant and cohesive across the customer lifecycle, from consideration, through purchase, delivery, and satisfaction.
About the Org
The Infrastructure Team’s mission is to enable velocity for Wayfair – velocity of product teams, velocity of insights, and velocity of decisions. We ensure that over 3,000 engineers, data scientists, and analysts can move fast, easily, and without fear of breaking things. We provide the platforms to make our production, development, and analysis environments available, scalable, well-separated but consistent with each other, and easy to move between.
About the Team
The Development Platform’s team is designing and building the next generation of development environments, tools, and interfaces to infrastructure. We are the thought leaders introducing modern engineering practices across the development lifecycle: source control, continuous integration, automated testing, deployment at scale, and health monitoring. We utilize proven technologies like GitHub, Buildkite, Kubernetes, and SonarQube.
About the Role
As a Senior Technical Product Manager in Development Platforms, you will take the lead on delivering solutions for quality assurance and automated testing. We deliver automated testing frameworks, provide performance engineering as a service, and build tools to promote service resiliency.
What You’ll Do
- Be a recognized expert on the processes, tools, and workflows in Wayfair’s quality assurance organization and automated testing frameworks
- Bring focus to important questions; conquer ambiguity and uncertainty in the organization
- Seek options to get around challenges; never be blocked
- Collaborate with development teams on implementation details, communicate the implications of certain decisions, and make trade-offs in terms of complexity, feature set, and timelines
What You’ll Create
- Develop and evolve the vision for automated software testing with the goal of increasing software quality and performance to help us move quickly with confidence
- Create and iterate short and long term roadmaps, and keep them updated enough that you’re always ready to show it
- Drive product management activities, including requirements gathering, prioritization, strategy and roadmap planning, product roll-out, product workshops and championing product adoption
- Generate appropriate documents, diagrams, and articles that capture what we are doing, what we are thinking, what we decided and reasons why
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of technical product management experience
- You have extensive experience with Software Quality Assurance and Automated Testing including unit, integration, API, database, regression, and exploratory testing tools
- You have examples of having led products from ideation to launch with clear success metrics
- You have experience in iterative software delivery practices
- You have experience proving your ability to make decisions with less-than-perfect data, balancing speed and uncertainty to deliver against ambitious business goals
- You have a knack for connecting strategic needs to tactical details, and conveying their connections to others
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.