Warehouse Team Lead
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
- The Warehouse Team Lead will assist your supervisor with managing and overseeing all functions of the warehouse, and ensuring smooth operations of all activities.
- Lead the receiving department and insure the functions are used correctly.
- Delegate and assign work to keep a 100% fill rate.
- Help manage the inventory and conduct necessary training within department.
- Ensure the proper use and accountability of tools.
- Ensure hours and functions are recorded correctly (e.g. Time clocks)
- Be responsible for answering email and verbal questions in a timely manner.
- Keep product moving and oversee the cleanliness of the department. This includes daily trash compacting.
What You’ll Need
- Working understanding of WMS system.
- Leadership and motivational skills, and the ability to make decisions with little to no guidance based on policies or common sense.
- This is a floor position, and will involve physically moving/processing products in addition to leading a team of warehouse associates
- Experienced in more than one department. Work areas include: receiving, inventory control, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
- Experience with composing and replying to emails.
- Power Equipment experience – Must be able to operate or willing to be trained on Powered Industrial Truck Operations (PITO).
- Experience with creating and updating systems such as trouble tickets.
- 2+ years working experience. Must have excellent attendance.
- Understanding of High Jump is a plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.