Do you love working in a fast paced, high-energy environment where every day is different? Do you have a passion to drive change and implement complex solutions that impacts an entire fulfillment network? Are you looking to make a difference, be empowered to own decisions, think quickly and act fast? If so, you are a great fit for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering team!
We are seeking individuals for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering in the areas of facilities, design engineering, controls, and project management. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. This candidate must also have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges. A willingness to travel and tackle the unknown is highly desirable.
What You’ll Do
- Provide project analyst support for process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of operational excellence
- Generate and assess metrics for dissemination of trends that affect service quality and customer reviews through the use of statistics and quality engineering tools
- Manage projects related to CMMS, WMS and Process Improvement
- Support the development of RFPs as needed
- Work with multifunctional teams to drive projects to completion
- Perform ROI Analysis and Procurement for various supply chain solutions including hardware, software, & supporting technology
- Return on Investment / Operational audits
- Practice safe work procedures, and follow all safety rules at all times
- Travel required – 10%
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Accounting or Finance preferred
- 1-3 years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of hands on project management experience or warehouse continuous improvement in lieu of bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of data mining techniques (SQL)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft excel
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Knowledge of CMMS and/or WMS systems and analysis a plus
- The ability to effectively communicate with business partners both local and remote; excellent communication skills; the ability to handle multiple competing priorities; and a strong customer focus.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills are required
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly)
- Involvement with senior management both internally and externally