Do you love working in a fast paced, high-energy environment where every day is different? Do you have a passion to drive change and implement complex solutions that impacts an entire fulfillment network? Are you looking to make a difference, be empowered to own decisions, think quickly and act fast? If so, you are a great fit for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering team!
We are seeking individuals for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering in the areas of facilities, design engineering, controls, and project management. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. This candidate must also have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges. A willingness to travel and tackle the unknown is highly desirable.
Wayfair is at an inflection point where we are moving from highly manual to automated operations, and scaling these solutions across a network of soon to be dozens of locations. This is a unique role allowing immediate impact across an exponentially growing supply chain network.
What You’ll Do
- Provide project management support to effectively execute projects from kickoff to completion, including coordination of resources, meetings, and feedback while diligently working to ensure all projects are on track, on time, and in scope
- Create and maintain essential management artifacts, to include Business Requirements Documents, project plans, and timelines
- Generate and assess metrics for dissemination of trends that affect service quality and customer reviews using statistics and quality engineering tools
- Knowledge of data mining techniques (SQL)
- Manage projects related to MHE, WMS and Process Improvement.
- Knowledge of Space planning and layout design (AutoCad)
- Support the development of RFPs as needed
- Work with multifunctional teams to drive projects to completion
- Perform ROI Analysis and Procurement for various supply chain solutions including hardware, software, & supporting technology
- Return on Investment / Operational audits
- Practice safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times
- Travel required – up to 40%
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience
- Detail oriented, with strong analytical and organizational skills, who is also highly results oriented and proactive
- Strong technical background with Warehouse Management Systems and Control Systems are required to be successful in this role
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills. Effectively communicating with business partners and senior management both local and remote
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly) in a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Proficient with SQL or other relational database query languages
- PMP certification, a plus