Do you love working in a fast paced, high-energy environment where every day is different? Do you have a passion to drive change and implement complex solutions that impacts an entire fulfillment network? Are you looking to make a difference, be empowered to own decisions, think quickly and act fast? If so, you are a great fit for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering team!
We are seeking individuals for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering in the areas of facilities, design engineering, controls, and project management. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. This candidate must also have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges. A willingness to travel and tackle the unknown is highly desirable.
What You’ll Do
- Own projects from start to finish, identify and implement “Best Practices” and “Best Methods”. support tracking of key performance indicators and initiate process improvements throughout the operation
- Own scope, schedule and cost of various projects
- Provide project management support for process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence
- Experience designing and implementing complex sortation systems
- Provide change management guidance, assist with process and equipment validation including but not limited to development, training, documentation and reporting
- Generate and assess metrics for dissemination of trends that affect service quality and customer reviews through the use of statistics and quality engineering tools
- Manage projects related to LMS, WMS and Process Improvement.
- Work with multifunctional teams to drive projects to completion
- Perform ROI Analysis and Procurement for various supply chain solutions including hardware, software, & supporting technology
- Practice safe work procedures, and follow all safety rules at all times
- Travel is required – 40% to 60%
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or General Engineering or 10+ Years of hands on field work
- 7+ years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of hands on project management experience or engineering field work in an automated environment
- Project Management experience, experience in warehouse or manufacturing preferred
- PMP is a plus
- Strong AutoCAD Design skills
- Experience in fulfillment or distribution sortation and automation
- Knowledge of data mining techniques (SQL)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, results oriented and proactive.
- Knowledge of Labor Management Systems
- A strong technical background Warehouse Management Systems and Microsoft Office is required to be successful in this role.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business partners both local and remote; having excellent communication skills; the ability to handle multiple competing priorities; and a strong customer focus.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly)
- Involvement with senior management both internally and externally