Who we are?
The Service Process and Workflow (SPW) team empowers our Sales and Service Consultants, Agents and Case Management Team (CMT) with tools, workflows and information to service any customer needs and issues post-order efficiently and effectively. We own critical functions and processes like Cancellations, Refunds, Replacements, Delivery Scheduling and Balance Settlement, whereas for SSC Productivity and Efficiency, we are in the process of building a suite of applications on top of our internal ticketing system. With a build vs. buy mentality, creating new features and building efficiency through our platforms is a main function of this team.
Why this team?
Being a part of the SPW team will put you in a high visibility and cross-functional team interfacing with various parts of the business like Order Processing Platform, Transportation, Warehousing and Supplier Operations. In addition, you’ll be creating solutions to reduce Contacts per Order (CPO), reduce Average Handle Time (AHT) and Time to Resolution (TTR) for customer cases, increasing automation for case resolution and priority. If complex technical challenges intrigue you, this group is for you!
What You'll Do?
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Work on problems of scale - both when creating new systems and upgrading old ones
- Attend technical design reviews and in-person code reviews
- Partner with other technical teams to develop cross functional technology roadmaps and deliver solutions
- Collaborate with Product Managers and business stakeholders to determine best technical solution for complex problems
- Constantly re-evaluate the technology solutions by staying ahead of industry trends and emerging technologies
- Demonstrate strong motivation and drive to improve and develop the existing processes to the next level
Who you are?
- Team player - someone who easily adapts to the situation and puts the team agenda first
- Someone who is passionate about providing the best customer experience
- 3+ years of professional experience as a full stack software engineer
- 5+ years of OOP using PHP, C++, C# or Java (must be willing to learn PHP)
- 3+ years of SQL (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, must be willing to learn T-SQL) & relational database schema design
- Proven experience with horizontal scaling technologies and microservices highly preferred
- Experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and driving software requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering highly preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.