Industrial Engineer Analyst
Do you love working in a fast paced, high-energy environment where every day is different? Do you have a passion to drive change and implement complex solutions that impacts an entire fulfillment network? Are you looking to make a difference, be empowered to own decisions, think quickly and act fast? If so, you are a great fit for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering team!
We are seeking individuals for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering in the areas of data analysis and reporting. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. This candidate must also have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges. A willingness to travel and tackle the unknown is highly desirable.
What You’ll Do
- Support tracking of key performance indicators & initiate process improvements throughout the operation using statistics, quality engineering tools, and metrics.
- Review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for each operation, ensuring SOP’s are updated and adhered to on a consistent basis.
- Review data and use root cause analysis and lean methodologies to help drive productivity gains in the fulfillment centers (Pivot Tables, SQL, etc).
- Assist in data mining, reporting, analyzing, and conducting meetings that related to our Labor Management System (ProRep).
- Update Labor Management standards as well as conducting time motion studies (MOST + Time Studies).
- Travel up to 20-30%.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Detail oriented, proactive, with strong analytical and organizational skills, and excellent time management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work independently while supporting the use of data across multiple fulfillment centers
- Ability to discuss and show Return on Investment and Operational audits.
- Space planning and layout design proficiency (AutoCad) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Material Handling Equipment (conveyors, sortation, robotics), data mining techniques (SQL), distribution/conveyor systems, or racking design and process knowledge for distribution is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience or technical background of Warehouse Management Systems or SQL databases is a plus.