Who Are We?
The My Account team empowers customers by providing the information and functionality they need for a simple, delightful post order experience. We also solve for the customer that cannot self serve, seamlessly connecting them with automated help and customer service representatives. We support a global customer base and build solutions that are used by hundreds of thousands of customers every day.
What You’ll Do
- Architect and lead major project initiatives for your group
- Develop best in class interactive experiences to solve customer problems
- Challenge existing architecture and code quality by advocating for improvements and raising standards
- Solve problems of scale - we have a global audience, you will help build high availability systems that are performant for users across the US, Canada and Europe
- Be a strong partner to Product Managers - break down quarterly projects, provide estimations, set and meet delivery expectations
- Mentor junior engineers on the team
- Work with cutting edge technologies such as GraphQL, Docker + Kubernetes, React/Redux, and many more. Help explore and evaluate new technologies that will shape the future our platforms
Who You Are
- Passionate about providing the best possible end-to-end customer experience
- Proficient in a server side programming language such as PHP, Python, Java, or C#
- Proficient in a frontend JS framework (React preferred but not required)
- Proficient in writing SQL queries & relational database schema design
- Experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements
- Knack for discovering problems in every system you work with
- Experience with GraphQL API design a plus
- Understanding of the Mobile app (Android, iOS) development lifecycle a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.