The Content & Navigation team owns the data structures and tooling which manages the navigation and description content for the millions of products that are shown on our website. This data is essential to allowing our customers to not only find the perfect product for their needs, but to also verify that the product meets their specific needs. Additionally, this data is leveraged by most all customer-facing areas of our website, and in customer communications (marketing emails, etc).
What You'll Do
- You will be focused on creating a more holistic vision and strategy for our product taxonomy and description structure. With the primary goals of: increased incorporation of automation, workflow efficiency, and increased flexibility as we build out a more specialized product Merchandising team.
- We need to continue to provide customers with robust, high quality description data to make sure they have enough information to replace the “look and feel” experience they receive in a brick and mortar store. We face the challenge of attempting to do this at a very large scale, and while still ensuring that both suppliers and in-house users can provide/maintain this data in an efficient way.
- Our product taxonomy and related data is the backbone that many of our customer experiences are driven off of. As such, this is an extremely cross-collaborative position. You will be working with team across the organization from Storefront, Marketing, SEO, Legal, Finance, and many more.
- Tight interaction and collaboration with engineering counterparts to tackle the scaling problems associated with applying rules and automation to a product catalog of millions of products.
- You will work with QA/QE and engineering teams to help develop team standards and best practices for project execution.
- Actively manage a team of several junior Product Managers, and help to develop their careers.
- Develop methods to increase socialization of the platform across the organization.
- Example projects include (but not limited to): increasing centralization of taxonomy structures & creation of UIs to manage, expansion of existing taxonomy structure to be leveraged by more areas of the company, incorporation of data science models to aid better merchandising decision.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Track record of success in developing relationships with stakeholders, working collaboratively and leveraging influence to drive multi-departmental projects
- Experience in iterative software delivery methodologies – Agile, SCRUM, etc
- Evidence of creative thinking, excellent problem solving, and effective troubleshooting
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
- Past experience in e-commerce & knowledge of e-commerce Site Merchandising
- Familiarity with large scale taxonomy/categorization structures
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.