Who We Are:
Wayfair offers a zillion things home and is reinventing the way people shop for their homes. The Merchandising department onboards and maintains the vast product catalog, developing strategies to effectively guide our customers through this large selection and help them find exactly what they need. We are looking for a highly analytical, disciplined, and execution-oriented leader for our North America Merchandising Analytics team. The Merch Analytics team serves as a central counterpart for all Merchandising teams and develops analytics products, on both a stand-alone basis as well as jointly with build partners including Business Intelligence, Data Science, Competitive Intelligence and Product Management.
The ideal candidate brings structured thinking, a strong bias for action, and ability to develop new analytics products anticipating needs before these are raised by the business. This person will continue to build out the North American Merchandising Analytics team and partner with the European-based team on the joint global roadmap. We value people and project leadership experience in a fast-paced and complex organization, where thought leadership, a collaborative spirit, and great communication skills are especially critical. We welcome applications from across a range of backgrounds and experiences (e.g., management consulting, advanced analytics in a corporate setting, etc.)
What You’ll Do:
- Align with the existing leadership team as well as Merchandising Directors to define and develop the analytics roadmap for the department’s most important initiatives, translating complex business problems into specific questions that can be answered through data-driven analysis.
- Drive progress against the roadmap and anticipate future needs by proactively developing new analytics products. Partner with stakeholders to identify requirements, obtain buy-in for methodology, architect, develop, and then integrate solutions into daily operational processes.
- Your scope encompasses supplier-facing insights in relation to product onboarding & maintenance, internal operations “factory” metrics, customer funnel reporting and support in automation of manual process steps and any other analytics needs of the department.
- Develop a strong working relationship with Merchandising business partners and a deep understanding of their key business metrics, levers, strategy and goals.
- Serve as a thought partner to the Merchandising leadership as well as build partners including Business Intelligence, Data Science, Competitive Intelligence, and Product Management.
- Lead, grow, and develop a team of Analysts.
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years of experience experience in management consulting, technology or other highly analytical roles or 1+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 1+ years management experience preferred
- A strong academic record with a background in Computer Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative preferred
- Organized and process-oriented with proven ability to thrive in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong technical aptitude and business acumen with demonstrated experience leveraging data from a multitude of sources to solve complex problems, tell a story and impact the overarching strategy
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills covering objectives, plans, status, and roadblocks with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- Technical proficiency in tools such as SQL, Python, R, OLAP technologies, Tableau and a demonstrated ability to learn new technologies