Strategic Operations Manager, International Supply Chain
The International Supply Chain is a team of highly driven and self-motivated individuals who are working in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment (we grew +10X during 2018). Our goal is to manage and drive operational efficiencies within the inbound space by working cross-functionally with teams within CastleGate, Logistics, and Engineering. We are working to grow our business, as this is the newest CastleGate supplier service, to hundreds of suppliers within the next few quarters.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team Planners to design, implement and drive our inbound performance for Ocean Operations. Provide inspirational leadership to support a highly motivated team.
- Own the operational performance of a segment of the Ocean Operation
- Measure and monitor carrier and broker performance. This will be done through the use of both systematic and manually developed solutions. The audience of this reporting will be both internal and external.
- Develop a close understanding of our freight forwarding business, ensuring we are working effectively with our partners to deliver on our commitments for a low cost, high NPS operating model.
- Provide direct input into the development, implementation and reporting of partner provider KPI/metrics to monitor all aspects of the transportation process.
- Partner closely with our Carrier Management, Drayage Operation, Trade Compliance and many other teams to drive alignment while taking the lead on setting cross organization direction.
What You'll Need
- Experience in supply chain and logistics is not required but is a plus.
- Detailed oriented with a strong client or customer management experience skill set.
- A successful entrepreneur who has built similar or related product/service offerings, especially in the logistics space.
- An innovative leader and self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to manage an operating team and execution.
- MS Office & Google Suite, especially MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience in consulting preferred.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.