Product Manager, Checkout
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We’re tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
As the Product Manager of Checkout, you’ll be responsible for the final critical steps in our customer’s purchasing journey. In this highly visible role, you’ll drive the product strategy and direction for the Checkout experience across all Wayfair sites and platforms (including app). Your reach and impact is great with over 16+ million active customers and 8+ million orders placed in the last quarter alone. You’ll be instrumental in ensuring that every customer can buy what they love for their home in a frictionless, secure and convenient way. Whether it’s building the confidence & trust for a customer’s 1st purchase or helping them quickly place their 10th. You’ll partner closely with numerous cross-functional teams (including Cart, Shipping, Payments, Services, etc..) on a variety of highly strategic priorities while also making our checkout experience faster and easier than ever.
What You'll Do
- Product Manager’s at Wayfair are exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
- Using Agile methodologies, you’ll develop software intended for our US, UK, DE and Canada sites, in addition to Wayfair’s lifestyle brands across all our device platforms
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure the impact of your product enhancements
- Put the customer first and drive forward enhancements that will increase their trust and confidence in their purchase and Wayfair overall
What You'll Need
- At least 5+ years experience delivering strong results & value in a fast paced environment with at least 3+ years’ ecommerce or B2C product management experience
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Strong track record building high-impact, consumer-facing products
- Passion for building functional and engaging user experiences
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Cross functional leadership experience and superb communication skills
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.