We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Facilities Technician team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
- Maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor systems, electrical and mechanical.
- Ability to perform basic equipment troubleshooting and repairs.
- Must be a safety conscious, motivated, detail oriented, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Will utilize aerial platform lifts, boom/snorkel lift, and powered industrial trucks (reach, order picker,
stand up, pallet runners, stock chaser, etc.).
- Will be required to wear applicable personal protective equipment including arc flash protection.
- Must possess the knowledge of hand tool use and safe operation
- Must possess the ability to perform basic carpentry skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly and be flexible in day to day tasks.
- Experience in material handling equipment a plus.
- Responsible for keeping and maintaining tools, supplies, and a clean, organized work area.
- Must be flexible on working hours and willing to work scheduled & unscheduled overtime.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
What You'll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Regular bending, lifting (up to 70lbs), stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands, wrists, elbows, and shoulders.
- Standing for long durations and walking with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation.
- Follow all company Safety Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines.
- Work independently as well as a team player.
- Able to read and comprehend English to ensure your safety and the safety of those working around you
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.