Position Summary - Regional Facilities Engineering Manager
Do you love working in a fast paced, high-energy environment where every day is different? Do you have a passion to drive change and implement complex solutions that impacts an entire fulfillment network? Are you looking to make a difference, be empowered to own decisions, think quickly and act fast? If so, you are a great fit for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering team!
We are seeking individuals for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering in the areas of facilities, design engineering, controls, and project management. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. This candidate must also have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges. A willingness to travel and tackle the unknown is highly desirable.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a diverse number of locations on the development and maintenance of a CMMS tool for the business as it relates to: building equipment and systems, conveyors, sortation and racking, and powered industrial trucks
- Lead a team of Maintenance Managers, Maintenance Supervisors, and Maintenance Technicians focused on facilities design, commissioning, and trouble resolution for equipment onsite while driving consistency across the network
- Proactively utilize the CMMS tool and develop reporting to drive justification for expense and capital projects
- Assist in developing maintenance best practices, safety and SOPs around preventative and corrective maintenance of systems
- Participate in compliance audits to ensure all EPA, OSHA, and other regulatory requirements are being met
- Deploy new projects, punch listing and testing of facilities systems at key times of the year
- Practices safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Engineering, Construction Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics
- 5+ years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel up to 30-50%.
- Experience with CMMS systems – Both system rollout and generating reporting
- Knowledge of OSHA laws, EPCRA, EPA and general maintenance best practices
- Understating of industrial and building maintenance functions
- Understanding of material handling equipment (Conveyor systems, sortation, Powered Industrial Trucks)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to consolidate messages into concise actionable points
- Detail oriented, with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals in multiple locations via phone, computer and email in a high pace environment
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills