Product Manager: Pricing User Experience
Wayfair's Pricing Product Management team is seeking a sharp, data driven product manager to join their ‘Price Generation’ team. This product manager will work closely with engineering and business teams to define, design and build a new suit of tools aimed to make our entire pricing ecosystem easier to navigate and more transparent. This new team will evangelize the value behind well crafted user controls, build buy-in to their value and ultimately build and use these tools.
This role is ideal for someone who's both business and tech-savvy and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This candidate must be proficient in navigating the multitude of good ideas and helping the business to pick and execute on only the best ones.
What you’ll do
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify and develop key requirements for strategic initiatives and build the business requirements to execute on them.
- Measure, evaluate and report on the team's success towards key initiatives.
- Conduct big data analysis using internal analytical and BI tools.
- Understand complex business problems and be able to articulate the value derived from solving them.
- Prioritize work among many competing goals to execute on highest value business objectives and be able to back up these decisions with data.
- Present findings with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy and technology projects
- Track, diagnose, and resolve system issues alongside engineers and analysts. Document and understand root causes and build solutions not bandaids.
- Wrangle data from multiple sources including sales, inventory, product, and customer systems to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
What we’re seeking:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Product Manager. Comparable roles in business analysis and consulting considered but some PM baseline required.
- Track record of building strong user experience focused products including the use of wireframing tools like Balsamiq or comparable.
- Bias for action and ability to work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Passionate about solving complex business problems
- Superior communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level; demonstrated experience driving success in a highly cross-functional environment.
- You possess an affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- Degree in Engineering, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- SQL experience is a plus