Do you want to live in Maine while working for a fast-growing company with lots of opportunity to make an impact? Are you passionate about creating scalable operational processes? Do you have experience leading large teams and driving innovative and continuous process improvement? Do the possibilities of automating workflows through technology excite you? If so, the 3D Process Incubation team at Wayfair is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and process-driven leader to join our business as we continue our ambitious plan to build the best online home goods catalog.
Wayfair uses 3D modeling in place of traditional photography to generate 2D images for tens-of-thousands of products each year. Models are submitted to a QA tool built in-house where analysts on our team in Brunswick communicate with modelers to ensure each model is an accurate representation of the product. Once confident that we have accurate models, we use them in different scenes to create realistic 2D images and bring the product to life for the customer. The 3D Process Incubation team holds an important role within the 3D modeling world, responsible for incubating and continuously improving new processes and approaches. This involves close partnership with tech teams in Boston who build and iterate on our software/tools, as well as deep analytics to monitor our success and guide us to efficient, scalable results. We are looking for a strong leader to help build this capability and lead a talented group of Analysts and Specialists as we continue to scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with leadership to set the vision and strategy for this new function
- Dive in, take ownership, and move incredibly fast in driving out inefficiency and structuring our approach
- Manage and mentor a growing team; continue recruiting and training new team members as our 3D capacity grows
- Oversee multiple new processes as we rapidly scale and iterate on our approach
- Apply Lean Six Sigma principles in root-causing and eliminating inefficiencies in nascent processes
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders and offshore partners to continually refine 3D modeling processes and workflows
- Partner with internal technology partners (PMs and Engineers) to define and drive a tech roadmap, including improving and developing software and tools to automate and scale our processes
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of experience managing a large team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success leading projects in a production-based environment focused on continuous improvement
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an analytical, creative and innovative approach to problem solving through root-cause analysis
- Demonstrated use of technology to automate processes with a focus on driving efficiency and cost savings
- Analytical mindset with comfort making data-driven, ROI-based decisions and trade-offs
- Creative, adaptable, open to feedback and the opinions of others
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfort working collaboratively with and influencing senior leaders
- Evidence of ‘resourceful startup execution’ and a ‘get it done’ attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, stress, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- This role requires frequent travel to the Boston office to work with stakeholders face-to-face
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.