Integration Associate, Supply Chain Integration
Boston, MA, United States
Wayfair is reinventing the way that people shop for their homes. We have over two million people shopping across our 10+ million products daily and hold both customer satisfaction and supplier satisfaction as core values. Our extremely fast growth (~40% YoY) from an already large base of business demands high functioning, entrepreneurial teams.
The global Supply Chain Integration (SCI) team sits at the core of Wayfair’s business. SCI facilitates the exchange of information with over 7,000 suppliers through millions of individual daily data feeds. We aspire to build real-time, automated, and accurate data connections across all suppliers to support mission critical business processes such as inventory, purchase orders, order tracking, and invoicing. The technical sophistication of our suppliers spans a wide spectrum, complicating the SCI mission. As Wayfair grows, we need to be ahead of the curve in defining, building and implementing future-proof integrations with our suppliers.
Ideal candidates for this team will value collaboration, creative ideation, and using data to solve the complex challenges in supply chain management operations. We are looking for strong communicators who, when presented with a problem, demonstrate both systems thinking and on-the-ground tactical thinking. In addition to the primary responsibilities outlined below, candidates will work with internal teams and suppliers to uncover data trends, identify root causes, and develop and implement innovative solutions to SCI problems. Those under consideration will be passionate about leveraging technology to build faster, smarter, automated systems and improve operational efficiency and performance.
What you will do:
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal departments, suppliers, and 3rd party trading partners to drive continuous improvement for the implementation and performance of EDI, API, and other integration technologies
- Follow defined process flows for using technology to build trading connections for order-related data (Purchase Orders, Shipping Information, Inventory, etc.) in an efficient manner
- Use a wide range of systems and tools to monitor overall performance, quality, speed, and health of data exchange connections to ensure that information is flowing accurately and seamlessly between Wayfair and our suppliers
- Analyze data to perform root cause analyses and develop lasting solutions for complex problems, leveraging SQL, advanced excel, and other tools
- Drive KPIs related to Supply Chain Integration and Supplier Operations
- Work to transform the way that suppliers think about and work with Wayfair to optimize Supply Chain Operations - including rolling up your sleeves to test new methods and then help pave the way to tech-supported sustainable solutions
Skills required for success:
- Actively seek out and create new opportunities and ideas
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
- Eagerness to dive into the details of an issue and bring forward outside-the-box solutions
- Analytical thinking, entrepreneurial spirit, and results-driven
- Ability to drive cross-functional initiatives and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and presentation skills, adapting to one’s audience