We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Dedicated Operations team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
- Maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor systems, electrical and mechanical.
- Design solutions for difficult problems, be on call for emergencies, and handle multiple projects and daily activities.
- Manage Preventive Maintenance programs.
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, and control components-- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, techs, and encoders
- Understanding of PLC programs to troubleshoot ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
- Develop and maintain a good working relationships across all levels in the organization
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner
- Manage outside contractors when needed.
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists.
- Walking in the FC/DC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned.
- Access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
What You'll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Experience and proficiency in the following areas: automated conveyors systems and controls, electrical and electronic principles, blueprint and electrical schematic reading, knowledge of CMMS programs, preventative maintenance procedures, industrial electricity, industrial controls, industrial conveyor systems, PLC programs, industrial conveyor systems, PLC programs, and knowledge of N.E.C.
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field or 4 years’ apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Leadership experience/aptitude, ability to mentor and develop training plans for other service technicians
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.