Senior Product Manager, Outdoor & Appliances
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways. We’re tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
As Senior Product Manager for one of our core verticals, you’ll work directly with the leadership team of a rapidly growing business to build a best in class customer experience across our rapidly growing Appliances, Outdoor Structures, Outdoor Décor, Heating & Grills businesses. This role represents an opportunity to curate all aspects of the customer’s experience throughout Wayfair, whether they are upgrading their major kitchen appliances, installing a new fireplace for winter, or setting up their patio and garden for summer. From discovery to delivery, you’ll work cross-functionally to make Wayfair the best place to upgrade your home, on and offline. You’ll partner in defining and driving a strategic vision for each category, while leading efforts to build a differentiated customer shopping experience.
What You’ll Do
- Drive forward our understanding of customer behavior and become the expert around how different pieces of the puzzle throughout the experience fit together.
- Manage overall execution and performance of product initiatives. Lead and collaborate with creative, engineering, and analytics teams to plan, execute and manage your roadmap.
- Identify, refine, and meticulously monitor your KPIs to understand the health of your product, and opportunities for improvement.
- Incubate and test new ideas to drive success for your vertical.
- Test and learn, fail fast, and take the winners to market. Rapidly iterate, acquire the needed data, interpret it, and then take action to course correct.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years experience in product management with a track record of building high-impact, consumer-facing products.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds).
- Cross functional leadership experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation.
- Experience managing a team is a plus.
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multi-variate testing practices a plus.