Home Delivery Driver Assistant
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities). To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home. Wayfair Delivers is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative and we are looking for team members who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry through the ultimate home delivery.
What You'll Do
- As a Wayfair Delivers Driver Assistant, you will assistant our Delivery Drivers with in-home final mile routes (sometimes two-day routes), perform product assembly and perform warehouse tasks when needed.
- You will assist with Pre-Trip truck inspections.
- Assist with lane audits of the days deliveries and paperwork.
- You’ll interact with customers positively to deliver freight into their home at varying levels of service.
- Unload (freight and debris) and load trucks with or without assistance of dockworkers or MHE to ensure safety.
- You’ll be responsible for navigating for driver and making customer courtesy calls prior to delivery.
- You’ll participate in ongoing development through training, manager feedback and customer surveys.
What You'll Need
- Able to maneuver 300+ lbs. of merchandise with MHE or other persons both within the warehouse and into the customer home.
- Able to lift/maneuver 150 lbs. of merchandise on your own.
- Able to sit for up to 8 hours per day.
- Perform all duties in compliance with appropriate security and safety standards.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Able to provide proof of identification and employment eligibility.
- Pass a background check and drug screening both before and during employment.
- Previous experience interacting with customers.