Inventory Control Associate
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of all inventories by performing daily audits and maintaining a comprehensive Cycle Count program.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels through daily and monthly cycle counts and annual year-end physical inventories
- Own the entire life cycle of damaged, misplaced, or missing products from the time the exception is detected to the resolution of the issue.
- Collect bad status items, ticket the items, and then release the items back into the inventory once resolved.
- Track and report daily to upper management building capacity, building utilization, inventory accuracy and cycle count progress.
- Use Warehouse Management Software and Excel to sort through cycle count data.
- Operate Order Picker (Cherry Picker), Reach Trucks, and other industrial equipment
- Additional job duties as assigned.
What You'll Need
- At least 1 year of experience with cycle counts
- At least 6 months cherry picker and reach forklift experience
- Basic to intermediate computer skills including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to communicate and work well with people of all levels.
- Ability to work well under pressure in fast paced environment.
- Warehouse Management Software and data entry experience.
- Must be able to work on warehouse floor 8 hours a day or more.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.