B2C Sales Strategy
Wayfair is an online retailer with operations throughout North America and Europe. We have a large and growing phone and chat sales channel where we partner shoppers with Wayfair Product Experts to help our customers select and purchase more complex, design-heavy, or technically sophisticated products (think Mattresses, Plumbing, Custom Upholstery, Flooring).
Wayfair is seeking a general manager who is results-oriented, collaborative, and customer-centric to join our Boston based B2C Sales Strategy team. You will be responsible for partnering with our marketing, engineering, operations, category and merchandising teams to develop and execute strategies to rapidly grow revenue..
What You'll Do
- Partner across Wayfair to own and drive growth of a multi million-dollar expert-driven P&L for broad array of product categories
- Collaborate closely with Marketing and Sales teams to manage a rigorous test-and-learn agenda that will drive step-change results in the growth of key Categories
- Work with B2C Sales colleagues and Storefront deliver best-in-class experiences for customers shopping key verticals
- Partner cross-functionally with teams from marketing, merchandising, data science, engineering, and operations as well as the channel managers within B2C Sales to drive revenue
- Ability to pivot quickly and deliver against moving targets and goals in a rapidly growing environment.
- Strong ability to understand customer experience.
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly and communicating complex ideas effectively to all levels throughout the organization.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years total experience
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA or equivalent experience
- General Management Skill Set- Strategic mindset, ownership mentality and analytical proficiency
- Ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments synthesizing multiple points of view into a coherent action plan
- Ability to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing strategic orientation and operational efficiency to ensure we deliver what is “right” for the customer
- Ability to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions
- Strong analytical skills and high comfort level with Excel, SQL a plus
- Senior presence with articulate and persuasive communication skills
- Direct management experience preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.