This is a unique opportunity to play a leading role in a developing and managing the Pricing and Profitability of the CastleGate business at Wayfair. This position will be responsible for helping grow the overall CastleGate business by helping scale the adoption of existing services and developing the go-to-market strategies (defining pricing and operating capabilities) for new ones. The right candidate will bring a mix of analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong financial skills to succeed in our highly collaborative and cross functional team environment. Strategic questions this person will be tasked with answering include: what price do we enter the market at and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each option? How should pricing and our service offerings evolve as we grow the businesses? How does the CastleGate service offering provide value and what trade-offs can we make to grow the business?
What is CastleGate?
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one- and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
Key job responsibilities include:
- Develop an understanding of the market, pricing dynamics and the key capabilities needed to succeed.
- Create detailed supplier segments and an understanding of how the CastleGate service offering can augment our suppliers supply chain to rapidly scale adoption
- Lead activities such as modeling business scenarios, developing pricing strategy, leading financial planning, building operational KPIs, and developing reporting and analysis
- Partner with Account Management to grow the business including customer acquisition planning, sales support, and financial analysis
- Support the launch of new services
- Lead problem solving and process/systems improvement to efficiently scale the business
- Collaborate with groups within the CastleGate team and company-wide including Transportation, Finance, Engineering and Warehouse Management
- 7+ years of experience in a fast-paced environment at a leading company or consulting firm.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Must have a strong understanding of a P&L, pricing strategies, cost/ benefit analysis and working capital
- Process-oriented with strong analytical and modeling skills.
- Strong project management skills with ability to get things done.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and adversity to establish focus and deliver against business goals